Was in an accident (not my fault) in Texas. Didn't have insurance and I want to know if the other person's insurance will pay

Beeville, TX |

for damages done to my car. A police report was made that clearly state the other driver was at fault. I filed a claim with his insurance company but what will happen? I understand I might get a ticket for driving without insurance (not making any excuses) however there is over $1000 of damages done to my car.

Does it even matter if after checking with my insurance which hasn't even been cancelled a month, I immediately purchased insurance after this happened?

If the other party was at fault as you state, his insurance company should pay for the property damages regardless of whether you had insurance. You did the right thing by filing a claim. A property damage adjuster will probably be contacting you soon. If it is not taken care of, contact a lawyer in South Texas.

2. I am pretty sure that you already asked this question just a few days ago, but regardless, the fact that you did nit carry insurance has no effect on whether another driver who caused a collision and was negligent could be found liable in court for your damages. Has no legal effect on your case.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

3. I agree with the previous answers. Not having insurance will not affect your claim. Although you'd be well served to hire an attorney most attorneys will not take property damage cases on a contingency fee. If you suffered any injuries then you might be able to hire a personal injury attorney on a contingency fee basis.

Traffic tickets topics