Was in an accident (not my fault) in Texas. Didn't have insurance and I want to know if the other person's insurance will pay

Asked over 2 years ago - Beeville, TX

for damages done to my car. A police report was made that clearly state the other driver was at fault. I filed a claim with his insurance company but what will happen? I understand I might get a ticket for driving without insurance (not making any excuses) however there is over $1000 of damages done to my car.

Does it even matter if after checking with my insurance which hasn't even been cancelled a month, I immediately purchased insurance after this happened?

1. Sheadyn Reaves Rogers

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . If the other party was at fault as you state, his insurance company should pay for the property damages regardless of whether you had insurance. You did the right thing by filing a claim. A property damage adjuster will probably be contacting you soon. If it is not taken care of, contact a lawyer in South Texas.

2. Aaron Moishe Mutnick

3

Answered . I agree with the previous answers. Not having insurance will not affect your claim. Although you'd be well served to hire an attorney most attorneys will not take property damage cases on a contingency fee. If you suffered any injuries then you might be able to hire a personal injury attorney on a contingency fee basis.

3. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

1

Answered . I am pretty sure that you already asked this question just a few days ago, but regardless, the fact that you did nit carry insurance has no effect on whether another driver who caused a collision and was negligent could be found liable in court for your damages. Has no legal effect on your case.