Was in a severe car crash 15 years ago

Asked over 1 year ago - Clifton, NJ

Was in a severe car crash 15 years ago, wasn't my fault and won the case. Now I have severe back and neck pain and if not treated correctly I have be paralyzed, can I reopen the case? I haven't had any accidents other than that one and my doctor told me it was more then likely from the accident, I took MRIs and my back is equivalent to a 80 year olds.

Pro

11

Answered . If the case has been settled, it is over. The statute of limitations is 2 years, thus, unless you were a minor, the statute would have run as well.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Marian Ida Kelly

Pro

7

1

Answered . I am sorry to hear of your condition. Unfortunately, you cannot reopen a case that has been settled.

3. James Alexander Abate

Pro

7

1

Answered . I am afraid my colleagues are right. The statute of limitations has passed and your case has been closed.

Law Offices of James A. Abate Jabatelaw.com (732) 412-2364
  4. Keith G Langer

8

1

Answered . You already tried the case and won. Future loss of mobility, etc. should have been a factor in computing the damages at the time. You cannot go back to the well now.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  5. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

6

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Perhaps you can apply for social security disability.

6. Michael A Ferrara Jr

Pro

4

1

Answered . In NJ most medical bills up to 250,000 are paid by your own insurance company. These are called PIP benefits. If they have been paying frequently over the 15 years and the 250 isn't used up you may be able to have PIP pay for your treatment. If its been more than 2 years since last payment than you are out of luck

7. Mark John Caruso

Pro

2

1

Answered . If you litigated your case to a final judgment 15 years ago, your case is most likely finalized. However, if your accident involved a work comp claim then some states allow for lifetime medicals for the work related injury.

The AVVO response or other communication by Caruso Law Offices does not create an attorney-client relationship.