Was I trespassing?

Asked about 1 year ago - Mooresville, IN

If you are accused of trespassing but sitting in your car when police arrive and their are no posted signs I did not disturb or enter any building I was using my cell phone and a neighbor called police ? When police arrived I was arrested for having a weapon in my trunk the item they said was a weapon was a novelty lighter. They arrested me or cuffed me then without permission searched my car my purses my makeup bag all medication bottles and found 2g meth then let me go????

1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . Use common sense: even if you were let go, do not discuss any potentially incriminating issues. If charged down the line, assert your right to an attorney and do not make any incriminating statements or confessions.
    Please realize some cases get investigated then charges do not assist the police making a case against you: remain quiet.

2. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

1

Answered . Need a few more facts to answer the question. If you are charged with a crime, seek counsel either by retininf=g your own or asking the court to appoint one.

3. Mickey David Larson

Answered . I am not licensed to practice in your state, but You don't give enough facts to determine whether you were trespassing.