Was I trespassing?

Mooresville, IN |

If you are accused of trespassing but sitting in your car when police arrive and their are no posted signs I did not disturb or enter any building I was using my cell phone and a neighbor called police ? When police arrived I was arrested for having a weapon in my trunk the item they said was a weapon was a novelty lighter. They arrested me or cuffed me then without permission searched my car my purses my makeup bag all medication bottles and found 2g meth then let me go????

1. Use common sense: even if you were let go, do not discuss any potentially incriminating issues. If charged down the line, assert your right to an attorney and do not make any incriminating statements or confessions.
    Please realize some cases get investigated then charges do not assist the police making a case against you: remain quiet.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

2. I am not licensed to practice in your state, but You don't give enough facts to determine whether you were trespassing.

My discussion with you regarding the question you posted on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is my response to your question to be considered legal advice. While I do my best to provide helpful responses given the factual scenario presented, proper analysis of any matter requires a more in-depth conversation than what is practical on Avvo. If you are a member of the military, or if an immediate family member of yours lost his or her life while fighting for our country, I am proud to offer a 10% discount on my fee.

3. Need a few more facts to answer the question. If you are charged with a crime, seek counsel either by retininf=g your own or asking the court to appoint one.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Police misconduct topics