Was I in proper status when I filed my Employment based I-485? (or) Can USCIS deny my I-485 because my H1 was pending >180days?

Dallas, TX |

My H1 extension was pending since Mar 1, 2006 which eventually got denied in Jun 2009.
I applied for my EB I-485 in July 2007

*additional information
http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/i485-rfe--asked-to-provide-continuous-employment-a-931695.html?callable=false&published=true

1. I see that all 3 of the attorneys who responded to your prior questions strongly suggested that you consult with an attorney.

Have you done that?

This is too complicated for attorneys on an internet blog to be able to help you.

Talk to the company lawyer ... or pay for a consultation with one of your choosing.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

2. Agreed. Bring all your documents to an attorney so someone can look over your situation and come up with some possible options. Best of luck.

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Dallas, TX

www.verdinlaw.com

3. I agree with my colleagues.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. It doesn't sound like it. Take your papers to an attorney.