Skip to main content

Was court ordered to a year long program and left because it was unbelievable, the staff even advised me to leave

Los Angeles, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

there were drugs guns no order corrupt staff no ethics, im trying to get into another program but there are no beds. i waited in jail for 30 days for a program to pick me up for my next court date to come and still being in custody, the judge was furious and ordered a program to pick me up in 5 days on the 5th that horrible one came, i have 4 years joint suspension over my head and am very worried, i have an acceptance letter to a program but im not sure the court is accepting of there program if there is any advice anyone could give i would really appreciate it. i have court in the AM

Attorney Answers 3

  1. This appears to be a criminal law question more than an education question. I am going to reclassify the question for you.

    NO LEGAL ADVICE GIVEN. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship set forth in a written document executed by the client and by me or a member of my firm. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. My law firm does NOT provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your case. I can give advice, make recommendations and answer specific questions only after reviewing the evidence and documents applicable to a specific client and following a personal meeting in my office in which the relevant facts can be developed and analyzed. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal administrative law; professional licenses and permits; education law; employment and labor law; and litigation matters in state and federal courts. Our practice is limited to the States of Oregon and California. If you have a case in any other state we would not be able to assist you. Unless we have a signed written fee agreement you are not my or my firm's client.

  2. Unfortunately, there's not much anybody can do for you over the internet. I can only assume you have a lawyer - they are in the best position to be able to argue for you to get into or remain in a program

    I can't speak to the original program's quality or why you aren't in another yet.

    The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.

  3. What you need to do is to get the letter you have to your lawyer immediately. The lawyer can present that letter to the judge and hopefully that will help. In addition I would write out a very specific and detailed statement as to exactly what the conditions were like in the facility. Making generalized statements will not help you...Saying "Corrupt Staff" and "no ethics" means nothing to a judge. You need to be clear and specific as the facts that lead you to that conclusion. Good luck.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics