Was charged with possesion of a controled sustance. Was in my mothers' car with altered girlfriend.

Sarasota, FL |

Was driving my mothers car, stopped by police while turning around in a driveway. Got out of car and left altered girlfriend in car with my pocketbook while I spoke with police outside of car for 20 minutes. I was sober, girlfriend was greatly altered. I was charged with driviing on a suspended licesense. My pocket book that was left unattended by me inside car was searched and I was charged with possesion of a controled substance. When the policeman was making out his report the officer put down that my answer to who owned the pills was an { excitted utterance}. Dose having had the officer put this in his report help me me in fighting the charge of possesion of a controled substance? What are the ramifcations of aN Excited Utterance have on the Hearsay Law?
Thank You

1. Excited utterance is an exception to the hearsay rule. But I doubt that this will actually qualify as an excited utterance. You need to hire an attorney.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

2. Excited utterance is a type of exception to the hearsay rule under the evidence laws. However, based on the context of which you provided this information in your case it could be harmful to your case. Having an opportunity to review your police reports and the specifics facts of your case it is easier to better answer your question with much more detail. Additionally, aside from what you have stated there could be many other legal defenses that an experienced lawyer could explore on your behalf such as the initial stop of the vehicle. Feel free to read more about these types of charges etc at www.fightyourfelony.come or www.fightyourcase.com.

3. This will more than likely end up hurting your case. However, your case will also depend on what other defenses are available to you. You need to hire an attorney in order to investigate this further. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss further.