Was arrested took the case to trial and won, was arrested recently and the old charge was on the record.

Asked over 4 years ago - Aurora, CO

How would one get such a thing expunged from their record?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Bradley Allen Stephenson

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . Expungement is not available but sealing of your arrest record is available. A Petition to Seal is required and you fill that out and file it in the district court in the jurisdiction you were were charged. A hearing will be set and you are required to notify all agencies that may have that record on file of that hearing. Thereafter there are more notification requirements. Paperwork and some instruction on how to do this without an attorney should be available from the court clerk, or you can hire an attorney to do this for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,771 answers this week

2,843 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,771 answers this week

2,843 attorneys answering