Was arrested for Stalking but court date is several months away. what are that chances of this being dismissed?

Asked 5 months ago - Topeka, KS

good student, never been in trouble before, just wanted my things back from my ex. never threatened or abused the party accusing me. would not give things back. Phone records show that was not contacted for over 2 months.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Christopher Lee Kalberg


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . The PA is unlikely to voluntarily dismiss the case. You may, however, be eligible for diversion or found not guilty at trial. If you haven't already I would highly suggest discussing the issue personally with an attorney to flesh out your options and figure out how you need to proceed.

    Chris Kalberg, Kalberg Law Office, L.L.C. No attorney client relationship is created via any Q&A session on this... more
  2. Valerie Semmes Bouffiou

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It's impossible to predict the outcome of a case, especially not knowing all the facts. You are going to have to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area to review everything and determine your best defenses. If you cannot afford an attorney, ask the court to appoint one for you. Do not make any statements about the case to anyone other than your attorney.

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to... more
  3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . These are typically charged [as in an emotional sense] and political, at least here in CA.
    Ergo, likelihood of a dismissal is small. DO NOT CALL DA. Hire counsel.

    The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client... more
  4. Michael Bruce Fulcher

    Contributor Level 5

    Answered . Agree with above answers. The only chance you have to get it dismissed before the court date is to hire an attorney, compile all the mitigating evidence you have mentioned, and get him or her to talk to the prosecutor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,580 answers this week

3,231 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,580 answers this week

3,231 attorneys answering