Was arrested for Stalking but court date is several months away. what are that chances of this being dismissed?

Asked 5 months ago - Topeka, KS

good student, never been in trouble before, just wanted my things back from my ex. never threatened or abused the party accusing me. would not give things back. Phone records show that was not contacted for over 2 months.

1. Christopher Lee Kalberg

Pro

Answered . The PA is unlikely to voluntarily dismiss the case. You may, however, be eligible for diversion or found not guilty at trial. If you haven't already I would highly suggest discussing the issue personally with an attorney to flesh out your options and figure out how you need to proceed.

2. Valerie Semmes Bouffiou

1

Answered . It's impossible to predict the outcome of a case, especially not knowing all the facts. You are going to have to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area to review everything and determine your best defenses. If you cannot afford an attorney, ask the court to appoint one for you. Do not make any statements about the case to anyone other than your attorney.

3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Answered . These are typically charged [as in an emotional sense] and political, at least here in CA.
    Ergo, likelihood of a dismissal is small. DO NOT CALL DA. Hire counsel.

4. Michael Bruce Fulcher

Answered . Agree with above answers. The only chance you have to get it dismissed before the court date is to hire an attorney, compile all the mitigating evidence you have mentioned, and get him or her to talk to the prosecutor.