Was arrested for Stalking but court date is several months away. what are that chances of this being dismissed?

Topeka, KS |

good student, never been in trouble before, just wanted my things back from my ex. never threatened or abused the party accusing me. would not give things back. Phone records show that was not contacted for over 2 months.

These are typically charged [as in an emotional sense] and political, at least here in CA.
Ergo, likelihood of a dismissal is small. DO NOT CALL DA. Hire counsel.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

It's impossible to predict the outcome of a case, especially not knowing all the facts. You are going to have to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area to review everything and determine your best defenses. If you cannot afford an attorney, ask the court to appoint one for you. Do not make any statements about the case to anyone other than your attorney.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

Agree with above answers. The only chance you have to get it dismissed before the court date is to hire an attorney, compile all the mitigating evidence you have mentioned, and get him or her to talk to the prosecutor.

The PA is unlikely to voluntarily dismiss the case. You may, however, be eligible for diversion or found not guilty at trial. If you haven't already I would highly suggest discussing the issue personally with an attorney to flesh out your options and figure out how you need to proceed.

Chris Kalberg, Kalberg Law Office, L.L.C. No attorney client relationship is created via any Q&A session on this or any other website no comment or answer proffered may be construed as legal advice.