Was arrested for fourth degree grand larceny

Utica, NY |

walked towards the door but there is merchandise there and a lady yelled for security so i left without exiting with the merchandise in the cart then two and a half months later i was charged because some worker took down a license plate the investigator kept asking me if i intended to steal it i said no so he gave me a desk appearance ticket but yet im a predicate felony offender does that sound kind of weird because i always thought you were supposed to be put in jail and arraigned for a crime like that especially with a record they also charged me for the crime on a day that it didnt happen and i was in rehab will that make a differance in court will i have bail set or will i be ror again i have a job and attend 5 to 7 self help meetings a week will that make a differance at arraignment

1. Hire a good lawyer, plan for the worst, hope for the best. Sounds like you have some good arguments for no bail.

2. Very interesting case. If you stopped before a crime was committed you have a great case. That combined with a seious error on the date work in your favor. ROR is a distinct possibikity but not a guarantee. Keep up the self help workshoos.

3. More facts are needed. Hire a god criminal defense lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

4. If you were given a DAT and you show up for your arraignment on time, there is little reason for the court to impose bail since you are apparently not a flight risk.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.