Was arrested February 14,2012 for forgery of financial institution in austin- how long do i have

Austin, TX |
Filed under: Criminal defense

To be indicted?

Not long, hire a lawyer

You should have already been indicted if it was last year. The federal government halva very short time generally to try a case after indictment.

Austin State and Feeral Criminal Defense

Www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

Was it filed in federal court? Or state court? Are you sure you have not yet been indicted? Grand juries meet often, and especially if you are out on bond, you may not have realized that you have been indicted. You should have a lawyer representing you whether this is a state or federal case, and you should talk with your lawyer about the expected process and times.

Cynthia Henley
713-222-1220

Don't you have an attorney? If you were arrested on a criminal complaint, you should have received a preliminary hearing long ago and then, if probable cause was established, the feds should have obtained an indictment. As another attorney suggests, the other possibility is that the indictment was returned prior to the arrest. But in that case, your case should have been tried last spring or so under the Speedy Trial Act.

If you were charged under Texas state law, you need to re-post your question in a forum for criminal defense in Texas.

THIS RESPONSE DOES NOT ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE. IF YOU WISH TO OBTAIN LEGAL ADVICE UPON WHICH YOU CAN RELY, PLEASE CONTACT MY OFFICE OR THAT OF ANOTHER ATTORNEY FAMILIAR WITH THE SUBJECT MATTER OF YOUR INQUIRY.