Wanting to know how i can get custody of my grandkids or at least visitation rights he took them to a different state

Asked over 1 year ago - Elkhart, IN

let us see them he said he proved the mother unfit and took off withthem and he gave his sister temp custody we as grandparents we very close to the grandkids and need to know what kind of rights we have he took the kids away from the whole family no good byes or anything want to know what rights we have

Additional information

just wanting to know what kind of rights i have to get my grandkids in my custody or visitation rights both parents have an open case to cps he went to the courts and proved her unfit took off with the kids to oklahoma gave his sister temp custody can he do that ?and we are real close to the kids they have said several times they wanted to come live with us and i know he is just as unfit as she is but she is not all that bad cps got involved cause he tried to commit suicide i want to get custody or at least visitation rights what can i do legally and the mother is trying to get them back he did this without her knowing

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Burton A. Padove


    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . Please resubmit. The information provided is difficult to understand and guessing what you meant could result in providing inaccurate information. Thank you.

    Mr. Padove is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. He can be contacted at Burtonap@aol.com (219) 836... more
  2. Larry David Stassin

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . I order to answer your question, there is more information needed. How long have the kids lived in Oklahoma? How did he give his sister custody? Did he give her guardianship? Were you notified? Did he file with the Indiana courts his notice of intent to relocate? Did your daughter have parenting time? These are all questions that would need to be answered before I could answer your question. I would suggest you take the answers to these questions to an attorney in your area for a full consultation.

    The answers provided are for informational purposes only and shall not be considered legal advice on your... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,022 answers this week

3,036 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,022 answers this week

3,036 attorneys answering