Want to get green card through fake marriage by an immigration lawyer

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

Dear Lawyers i have heard that i can get green card through fake marriage and some lawyers can do it please provide me with more information and how much does it cost please
and thanks alot

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Parastoo Golesorkhi-Zahedi

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You will not get a Green Card through a fake marriage and instead will get a one way ticket out of the United States for good. No "real" immigration attorney would ever consider representing anyone who has entered into a fake marriage in order to circumvent the immigration laws.

  2. Eugene J. Glicksman

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I certainly hope that this posting was not serious. You are asking for assistance and instructions on committing a Federal felony, punishable by both monetary fine and/or imprisonment. You should not be asking something this foolish, and no ethical lawyer will assist you in such an endeavor.

    Either apply for your residence legally or not at all.

    This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A... more
  3. Michael Charles Doland

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Run away from any lawyer who claims to assist you by violating the law.
    Shame on him or her. No comment about you who is considering it.

    The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may... more
  4. Renee Colette Redman


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I wouldn't know.

    This answer provides general information only. Please see an experienced immigration attorney for a complete... more
  5. Mary Lyn Tanawan Sanga

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I strongly advise you not to consider entering into a sham marriage in order to obtain a green card. It is prohibited by law and can subject you not only to the penalty of being ineligible for any immigration benefit but also to possible criminal conviction.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,636 answers this week

2,960 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,636 answers this week

2,960 attorneys answering