Want more info on how I was wrongfully charged when I had nothing to do with what decisions a person makes.

Asked over 1 year ago - Marble Falls, TX

I was charged with child indangerment with abandoning a child. when one year on the 4th went out with a couple of friends and my 13yr old cousin had came along with me after me telling her that I was not going to get into trouble with her being out. I told her to call her mom for peish sake. but she mean time she makes and chooses what her actions are. But yet I got accused with the decisions my cousin made.

1. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

1

Answered . As part of the criminal court process, the defense has a right to what is called "discovery", which basically means information from the prosecutor about the evidence in the case.

Your lawyer should be able to get this information and then discuss it with you.

2. Mark Dominic Grosso

Answered . There are several elements to this charge that an attorney will review with you. It's important, however, to understand that the overarching purpose of this law is for responsible adults to protect the children precisely because there are "decisions" that children should not make and circumstanced they should not be in. The primary questions will probably be: 1) in whose care was the child?; and 2) what would a reasonable adult do under the circumstances? An additional factor may also be what happened after your young cousin made her "choice" that led to the charge.