Want a divorce but don't know what forms I need or how to file. I know I might need an attorney later on but what to do for now

Spring, TX |

My wife & I live together but have no relation since years . She has two boyfriends but refuses to leave because she whats our house for her self. What worries me is if we do get divorced that I'll lose my house & she'll take advantage & become irresponsible with our two younger ones. I pay her child support even though we never seen a judge for that. I pay all my utilities & take care of my children. She is abusive towards me throws things, hits me,ect. She tried to hit my daughter last weekend, I got in between so I got hit with a shoe. I found out she has life insurance on me but I don't understand why if we don't even talk . Need help is a stressful situation , what forms exactly do I need to get this divorce on it's way.

Hire an attorney. You need guidance, to be advised of your rights and your legal options. No form is going to fix this.

This does not establish an attorney/client relationship. Dallas, Denton, Collin and Tarrant County, Texas practice area. Principal office located in Lake Dallas, Texas.

I would suggest that you hire an attorney as soon as possible and file for divorce right away. n

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Daniel Lee O'Neil

Daniel Lee O'Neil

Excellent response

You will almost certainly spend more in the long run if you try to do this yourself. You have children and property. It is not a good idea to be pro se.

Your first step is to hire a lawyer.

This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information provided and is not intended to be conclusive advice. There are likely other factors that might influence or change the advice after a more lengthy consultation.