Want a divorce but don't know what forms I need or how to file. I know I might need an attorney later on but what to do for now

Asked 4 months ago - Spring, TX

My wife & I live together but have no relation since years . She has two boyfriends but refuses to leave because she whats our house for her self. What worries me is if we do get divorced that I'll lose my house & she'll take advantage & become irresponsible with our two younger ones. I pay her child support even though we never seen a judge for that. I pay all my utilities & take care of my children. She is abusive towards me throws things, hits me,ect. She tried to hit my daughter last weekend, I got in between so I got hit with a shoe. I found out she has life insurance on me but I don't understand why if we don't even talk . Need help is a stressful situation , what forms exactly do I need to get this divorce on it's way.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Howard M Lewis


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I would suggest that you hire an attorney as soon as possible and file for divorce right away. n

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more
  2. Dorothea Elaine Laster


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Hire an attorney. You need guidance, to be advised of your rights and your legal options. No form is going to fix this.

    This does not establish an attorney/client relationship. Dallas, Denton, Collin and Tarrant County, Texas... more
  3. Maria Sara Lowry

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You will almost certainly spend more in the long run if you try to do this yourself. You have children and property. It is not a good idea to be pro se.

    Your first step is to hire a lawyer.

    This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Child Custody in a Divorce

Child custody may be physical or legal. Physical custody covers who the child lives with, and legal custody is the right to make decisions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,603 answers this week

3,057 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,603 answers this week

3,057 attorneys answering