Want a divorce but don't know what forms I need or how to file. I know I might need an attorney later on but what to do for now

Asked 4 months ago - Spring, TX

My wife & I live together but have no relation since years . She has two boyfriends but refuses to leave because she whats our house for her self. What worries me is if we do get divorced that I'll lose my house & she'll take advantage & become irresponsible with our two younger ones. I pay her child support even though we never seen a judge for that. I pay all my utilities & take care of my children. She is abusive towards me throws things, hits me,ect. She tried to hit my daughter last weekend, I got in between so I got hit with a shoe. I found out she has life insurance on me but I don't understand why if we don't even talk . Need help is a stressful situation , what forms exactly do I need to get this divorce on it's way.

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

3

Answered . I would suggest that you hire an attorney as soon as possible and file for divorce right away. n

2. Dorothea Elaine Laster

Pro

Answered . Hire an attorney. You need guidance, to be advised of your rights and your legal options. No form is going to fix this.

3. Maria Sara Lowry

Answered . You will almost certainly spend more in the long run if you try to do this yourself. You have children and property. It is not a good idea to be pro se.

Your first step is to hire a lawyer.