Wanna get my record exspunged was convicted in 2002

Tucson, AZ |

Aggrivated assault non dangress non repetitive

1. Contact one of your local criminal defense attorneys and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out with the situation. Most attorneys will offer you a free initial consultation so you can get a lot of information that way. Good luck.

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com

2. I assume you were convicted of a felony offense in 2002. You need to consult with an AZ criminal defense attorney to see if AZ has an expungement/seal statute and if so, will this felony crime qualify. I don't practice in AZ, but were have several avvo lawyers on this site that do, I'll defer to them as to AZ law.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

3. There is no confidentiality online. If you cannot find an experienced local criminal litigator on Avvo, a good place to look is the website for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL.org) Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members: http://tinyurl.com/8ru8wtv

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.

4. Arizona does not allow expungement. The best you can do in Arizona is file a motion to have it "set aside" under A.R.S. § 13-907. The "set aside" does not remove it from your background check, and you still have to disclose the conviction when asked by potential employers. It can also still be used as a historical prior offense (subject to other limitations, such as the age and nature of the offense).

The "set aside" is something that you should do, but its usefulness is limited. It is not true expungement, like some states have.

Arizona is a state that believes in the permanent disenfranchisement of people with a criminal record. This forces people who are motivated to improve their lives to remain under the shadow of their distant past permanently. It ultimately costs society more because we are not letting people make amends, gain redemption, then become productive members of the community.

NONE OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HERE IS MEANT AS, NOR INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE. THE LAW IS CONSTANTLY CHANGING AND INFORMATION DISCUSSED IN THIS BLOG CAN BECOME OUT-DATED WITH THE PASSAGE OF TIME. IF YOU HAVE A LEGAL ISSUE AND NEED LEGAL ADVICE, CALL 623-936-1901 FOR A CONFIDENTIAL LEGAL CONSULTATION WITH AN ATTORNEY.