Waiving bail for unpaid tickets

Asked almost 6 years ago - Chico, CA

I have a friend with 3 delinquent traffic tickets. Her license has been suspended. She wants to work out a payment plan, but because bail was attached, she will have to pay nearly $3,000.00. Is there any way she can go about getting the bail fees waived, or have the total cost lowered?This is in California. Thank you.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jeffrey Scott Vallens

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . As for bail, the judge can set bail in a lower amount. Try asking the judge to release you on your own recognizance.

    As for the fine, sometimes a judge will reduce the fines or suspend part of the fines or allow you to perform community service in lieu of paying the fines. Ask the judge, you might be surprised what they will do. As a final option, you may be able to serve jail time in lieu of payment of the fines.

    Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,738 answers this week

3,115 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,738 answers this week

3,115 attorneys answering