Waiver Visa

Asked about 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

hello,
My child is French on visit in US since July 2012, he is 9yrs already enrolled in school in US. His Waiver visa expires on 20 Oct. I wish him to continue his classes for one yrs. His uncle with whom he is living has applied for a Visa, but it is taking too long. I am desperate not knowing if I should take the child out of school or wait for visa application feed back. thanks for helping. I am in France.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

22

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

14

1

Best Answer

Answered . You have BIG PROBLEMS.

It is against the law for a child in the US on an ESTA Visa Waiver to attend public schools.

To attend a public school is an immediate violation of the ESTA program.

This uncle could be making things worse by filing an application that has a 100% chance of denial.

Have him stop filing papers and meet with an attorney.

3. Gen Kimura

12

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Your child can not attend the school under the visa waiver program.