WAIVER OF SERVICE AND AGREED FINAL DECREE OF DIVORCE. HOW THESE TWO THINGS WORKS?

Asked 6 months ago - Houston, TX

I GOT THESE FROM MY FAMILY LAWYER BUT UNFORTUNATELY THIS STEPS DID NOT EXPLAINED TO ME VERY WELL. IM NOT SURE I HAVE TO BE THE ONE TO WILL SERVED MY EX HUSBAND. AND I FOUND THEM REALLY IRRITATED AT ME ASKING QUESTIONS. ASIDE FROM ME THINKING OF CHANGING FAMILY LAWYER, WHAT WOULD BE MY NEXT STEP?

1. Maria Sara Lowry

3

1

Answered . It sounds like you only paid for documents, not advice, from the lawyer I suggest you go ahead and spend what it takes to get advice and representation, from the same lawyer or a different one.

2. Sherrie Haussner Travers

Pro

1

Answered . If you have receved a waiver, did you also receive a copy of the original petition for divorce. Both documents must be given to your husband. He will need to sign the waiver in front of a notary. He will also need to sign the divorce decree. Make copies for both you and your husband, then return the signed originals to your lawyer.
    If you are not comfortable with that attorney or his staff, perhaps find another attorney.
    Good luck!

3. Michael Glynn Busby Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . Go see your lawyer if you have questions