Waiting period after citizenship interview and passing examination, USCIS

Asked about 6 years ago - Ashland, MA

I had my interview for my citizenship and I passed everything, but they said that a decision couldnt be made. And that I would be notified once a decision was made. It's been over 120 days and still havent heard anything. What do I do?

Dear Ashland i have the same problem like you i made intreview and i passed everything they gave me decision cululdn't be made answer . now did you get your citizenship or not could you tell me what i have to do next ? thansks! plese conntact me by this email [email address removed]

1. Hassan Hussein Elkhalil

1

17

Answered . The delay is most likely caused by the "security background check." You have two options:
    1- Keep waiting
    2- Set up an infopass appointment to find out what is causing the delay. An infopass appointment is an appointment you set over the internet and you go to the nearest USCIS office to you to ask about the status of your case. to set up an infoass appointment you can go to the following website:

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

3- you can hire an attorney to sue the USCIS for you and you will receive your naturalization appointment within few weeks. This option cost you some money.

All the best.