Waiting for I-751

Lexington, SC |

its been 43 day since i had my interview , how long i should wait to contact USCIC , and how long normally it take ?

There is no set amount of time at all. If you are eligible to file for citizenship, that is what you should do rather than wait for the 751 decision.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

How I know if im eligible for citizenship ?

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

If it is 2 years and nine months since you got your permanent residence and you are still married to the same person from whom you got your green card.

don't they have to approve the I-751 first ?

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

No, they do not.

Lisa R. Brenman

Lisa R. Brenman

I agree with this.

You could make an INFOPASS appointment to see if you can find out more information, or if you are working with an attorney see if they can contact your district office to see what's going on with your case.

Ellie Mosko Attorney Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900 Fax: 248-519-9901 Email: ellie.mosko@ellisporter.com The information I provide on Avvo is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney client relationship

about 3 to 6 months.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

After waiting another 30-45 days, I think an InfoPass appointment would be your best option. I'm sure the wait is agonizing, checking so soon won't be useful.

Marriage and prenups topics