Wait for I-130 approval, While in the US on B2 visa

Asked 10 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

Can I be in the Us on my B1/B2 visa while I wait for the i-130 approval. Then go back for the interview to ciudad juarez and enter with the green card? If I get it? I have been waiting for 4 months, my application is through my wife the website says It should take about 8 months to have a decision. I have been to the US several times after my application was submited and havent had any problems entering.

1. Oksana Tsykova

1

Answered . Generally, it is not advisable to travel into/out of the US on a non-immigrant visa while you immigrant application is pending. You may have been fortunate in the past with entering on a B1/B2 without a problem but it does not mean that this is a guarantee in the future. CBP may stop and question you in depth about your true intent for entry, which can cause serious problems down the road for your ability to immigrate. Is the risk worth it? You are the only one who can decide.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Yes, but you are not likely to be admitted to the US on the facts in your posting.

3. John K Lassen

1

Answered . Best to review with an immigration lawyer

www.BulgarianImmigrationlawyer.com

www.Immigration-Lawyer-NJ.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630