WA state employment law, appealing failed drug test requested by employer, employee's rights

Asked almost 6 years ago - Auburn, WA

I had surgery on a tuesday and my employer asked for a drug test on Thursday. I did not pass because of the Prescribed medication and now have not been allowed back to work for 5 days. I keep calling and the answer I always get is that the results still have not come back and to continue waiting until they call me. My manager stated that I would be getting paid if the results came back with just the prescribed medication.Now they have stated that I will not get paid for any of the time I have not been allowed to come back to work. What can I do?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You may continue to phone for the results and provide them as proof as soon as the test results are in. If you are not satisfied with things phone the Department of Labor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,080 answers this week

3,287 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,080 answers this week

3,287 attorneys answering