WA domestic violence law, consequences for a delayed report of domestic violence

Asked almost 6 years ago - Bellingham, WA

I just recenty filed charges for 3 seperate dometic violence incidents... in two diffent counties in washington state.. It is going to the prosocuting attorney for review since it was a month later cause he threatened me no to tell... once the prosocuter files charges will he be arrested or just ordered to appear in court.(the police were called that night but he held me down and covered my nouth and they never entered residence at time of call...I have photos and hospital report ans a chat transcript where he admits it but blames it on medications.

I now found out that when I was in the emergency room and told them I was beat up by my boyfriends, all they put was black eye and counseled, is there anyway to get there statement or have them amend the medical report, and I thought in washington they are required to report it.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

3

Answered . Many people post questions here asking about their chances in court. No one online can validly predict what the future holds. The subject penalties may be based on a myriad of reasons. Many factors such as age, prosecutor discretion, what judge you have, whether witnesses are credible all matter and that makes it near impossible to say what the "consequences for" this will be.

Check with a WA lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.