Vop and domestic violence we both got arrested i tripped drunk and stupid thought he pushed me and i hit him cops saw me but due

Asked over 4 years ago - Tampa, FL

him protecting me since i never been to jail he took the blame the cops took us both. little to say they took me to the hospital for broken nose and since id ont remember what happened i told the hospital the cops did it i dont want him to do two years in jail he goes to court on monday i pay 100 week if someone can help me defend him please i beg you we have 3 kids and he was the one to care for them and i am unable to pay or work so please help

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Ayuban Antonio Tomas


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If you and your husband can't afford an attorney then your husband will be assigned a public defender. If you would rather hire private counsel, you should use the Florida Bar's referral service. They can refer you to an attorney in your area. Go to www.flabar.org. Good Luck!

    THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

  2. Sarah Louise Villa

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . I would advise him to apply for a Public Defender. The applications are available with the Clerk of Court. You may also contact the State Attorney's Office if you are looking to make a statement. Sometimes they have victim classes you have to take, or a victims coordinator you need to speak with. You may also write a statement, have it notarized, and deliver it to the State Attorney's Office. You say that you are both charged, so if that is the case I caution you against making any statements against your own interest without speaking with an attorney. If you qualify you may also obtain a Public Defender. If the Public Defender ascertains there is a conflict of interest between you and your male counterpart they will appoint conflict counsel.

  3. Jeffrey Feulner


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . You will get a court appointed attorney if you can not afford one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,947 answers this week

3,322 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,947 answers this week

3,322 attorneys answering