Asked over 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

My friend went to court for driving without a license while on probation etc. which gave him a vop and a warrant for us arrest. he was sentence to 20 days for (dwl) not for the vop. he still has a warrant for his arrest but he's in jail. how do i get the warrant for his arrest off. beacuse he does not want to do the 20 days and cant get released beacuse of the warrant for his arrest. trying to get it as one. help.p.s can he get a court date with a warrant for his arrest in the system.?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. James Regan


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am just wondering why the attorney let him plead to a new charge without resolving the VOP when entering the plea to the DWLS basically admits the VOP?

    http://www.defendme.net | The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to... more
  2. Alec Larkin Weber

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . As Attorney Regan asked, why did he plea to the DWLS when he was on probation? Did he have counsel for the DWLS? How long ago did he plea, there might be time to withdraw the plea if he didn't have counsel.

    what was he on probation for?

    Your friend should have hired an attorney to handle both the new charge DWLS and the VOP simultaneously. As for the warrant, a motion to quash can be filed on his behalf.

    My firm handles both VOPs and DWLS. Feel free to have one of his family members contact my office for a free consultation. 407-849-2949.

  3. Royce Brent Bishop

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . Is this right because it sound confusing? To to get rid of the bench warrant an attorney would have to file a motion to remove the bench warrant, but it does not mean the judge will grant it. The other way is for him to turn himself in-normally--but he can't since he is in jail. ..

  4. Corey Ira Cohen


    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . It would depend on what the violation of probation is for and if its in the same county he is serving time in. Call my office for more information. It is possible to get the warrant served and get a court date before he is released to addess the VOP.

    For more information contact the Law Office of Corey Cohen at 407-246-0066 or visit our website at www.coreycohen.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,682 answers this week

3,333 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,682 answers this week

3,333 attorneys answering