Voluntary termination of parental rights?

Iselin, NJ |

I am part of the LGBT community and my fiancee (who is a female) and I are looking to have a child that I will be the biological mother to. I found a male-donor to do things the old fashion was as opposed to IVF/insemination. He is willing to relinquish parental rights and never have visitations or pay child support, for my fiancee to have legal rights to the child. How do we go about this? I'd like to do it in my second trimester, if possible. Would we need a legal notary? what are the steps that need to be taken?

1. You need an attorney to accompany you every step of the way. This is an area of the law that is constantly evolving and you need an experienced family law attorney to make sure your good intentions are fully carried out and legally enforceable.

2. There are donor agreements that you can make with the donor if he wishes to relinquish his rights to the child. As for the adoption by your partner, you must wait until the child is born to begin that process. It is a complicated process but can run very smoothly with the assistance of an experienced attorney.

The information above should not be considered to be legal advice. Rather, it is intended for educational purposes only. The information provided does not constitute a contract for legal services between any parties. Please further note that the answers given are based on the facts provided. There may be additional facts not mentioned which might change the legal issues or consequences.

3. This is an area of law where you would want to consult with a lawyer who is well versed in this. The effects of a termination of parental rights affects yourself, your fiancée, your future child and the male donor, each with different but important interests.

Child custody topics