Skip to main content


Shakopee, MN |

Trying to figure out what exactly this charge means... Sales, what drugs etc...

Attorney Answers 4

  1. That looks like mostly gibberish. Confer privately with an attorney. Many of us offer a free consultation. Then perhaps the case can be looked up electronically and the specific charges can be determined. Good luck.

    Do not rely on this information. My office accepts clients from Avvo, but this initial impression is not protected by any privilege and is not attorney-client communication. You should consult a lawyer promptly about your legal matter.

  2. Each municipal law enforcement unit has it's own internal coding on citations, but if there is a complaint, it should cite the statute. The controlled substances statutes are under section 152. Contact an attorney via email with details and a statute number, or direct them to a citation, law enforcement ICR number, or court file number if there is one yet, and they should be able to tell you the charges, scenarios, defense, etc. Don't be affraid to just talk with a lawyer. Most of us offer free consults and won't bill you for the time.

  3. If you are facing this as a personal issue, you should confer with an attorney so she/he can begin to assist and to advise you. If you are just seeking general information, you should look for a statute citation, meaning a specific number which you can then read for yourself. If you need an attorney, we avvo attorneys are available. Tricia Dwyer Esq.

    MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL and outlying areas to ST CLOUD. Do seek legal counsel for your personal legal issues and needs. This post is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This post is to be considered general information which may or may not apply to your personal situation.

  4. It depends on where you are seeing it. It is clearly a serious felony offense

    Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement with this office. Any response to email inquiries should be considered general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should always consult a lawyer in your state regarding your specific legal matter.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics