Visitor/student visa during divorce

I am going through divorce and lost my current visa status because my husband moved to a different visa. Divorce is still pending. I applied for b2 visa change of status. What are my chances of approval. Can I get an extension of b2 if approved just living on spousal support until I wrap up divorce around end of 2013. I also have a children shared custody. No other earning. What visa can help me stay back in the country. I eventually want to be here and have worked here for an year.

New York, NY -

David Alexander Browde

David Alexander Browde

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Chappaqua, NY

This is less a divorce question than an immigration question. A B2 is a tourist visa... it can not be extended under most circumstances. You should discuss your situation in detail with an immigration attorney.

Lawrence Allen Weinreich

Lawrence Allen Weinreich

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Westbury, NY

This is a question to post in the immigration section.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.
Daniel Seth Williams

Daniel Seth Williams

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Pacific Grove, CA

This is a question you should find an attorney hose practice is limited to both family law and immigration, nothing else. Those two combined areas in one attorney will suit you best.