Visitor/student visa during divorce

Asked about 2 years ago - New York, NY

I am going through divorce and lost my current visa status because my husband moved to a different visa. Divorce is still pending. I applied for b2 visa change of status. What are my chances of approval. Can I get an extension of b2 if approved just living on spousal support until I wrap up divorce around end of 2013. I also have a children shared custody. No other earning. What visa can help me stay back in the country. I eventually want to be here and have worked here for an year.

1. David Alexander Browde

Pro

1

Answered . This is less a divorce question than an immigration question. A B2 is a tourist visa... it can not be extended under most circumstances. You should discuss your situation in detail with an immigration attorney.

2. Lawrence Allen Weinreich

Answered . This is a question to post in the immigration section.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.
  3. Daniel Seth Williams

Pro

1

Answered . This is a question you should find an attorney hose practice is limited to both family law and immigration, nothing else. Those two combined areas in one attorney will suit you best.