Visitation verbal agreements not honored

Asked over 1 year ago - Snohomish, WA

I asked my ex for one more visitation starting last summer. We verbally agreed to add in two extra days a month( I wanted a little more then that but she refused) then recently she started to deny me this extra time. When I confronted her she denied ever making this arrangement even though it's confirmed in emails,

Can I get more visitation based on our verbal agreement? Will it be worth mentioning when I ask for modification to the current bare minimum visitation?

1. Dave Hawkins

Pro

Answered . If it is not reduced to writing, you will have difficulty. There is no reason that the court should believe you over her -- he said/she said is the very nature of familty law and that's why all agreements need to be reduced to writing.