Visitation verbal agreements not honored

Snohomish, WA |

I asked my ex for one more visitation starting last summer. We verbally agreed to add in two extra days a month( I wanted a little more then that but she refused) then recently she started to deny me this extra time. When I confronted her she denied ever making this arrangement even though it's confirmed in emails,

Can I get more visitation based on our verbal agreement? Will it be worth mentioning when I ask for modification to the current bare minimum visitation?

If it is not reduced to writing, you will have difficulty. There is no reason that the court should believe you over her -- he said/she said is the very nature of familty law and that's why all agreements need to be reduced to writing.

Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is only based on the limited facts given. The response might change should additional facts be learned and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney who can properly assess the situation, as well as all pertinent facts, prior to taking any action based on the foregoing statements

Thank you for the quick response. We did agree to the additional day and it's in an email. Would this be considered in writing?

Dave Hawkins

Dave Hawkins

The e-mail may suffice

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody