Visitation interference question

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

I read a while ago that there is a Family Law Code regarding recovery of costs related to interference with visitation. Can someone please tell me which code it is?
The CP was supposed to send our son to visit me so I purchased a plane ticket and drove over an hour to the airport. When I arrived there, our son never showed up and the CP told me that she was not going to send him.. I want to try to recover the costs for the plane ticket and the transportation costs..

Additional information

I think I just found the answer. It would be 3028?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . You could seek sanctions under Cal Fam 271 and CA Rule of court 5.14. There are other sections. Cal FAm 3028 are for child care when visitation is missed.

    This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,984 answers this week

2,881 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,984 answers this week

2,881 attorneys answering