Visa termination

Asked about 2 years ago - Ypsilanti, MI

I am an international student on scholarship and due to financial situation I am unable to register for my classes for Winter semester. The international office at my university told me that if i haven't registered for my classes before Jan 17 my I-20 would terminated. I would like to know what is going to happen after my visa is terminated and How I can get reinstated back into the school

I am currently on F1

1. Haroen Calehr

Pro

7

1

Answered . Your status is terminated not your visa. Well, the DSO at the school would make a report to SEVIS that you are out of status and this is bad since ICE (the police of US immigration monitors SEVIS) and they can come to your house and detain you. You can ask for reinstatement only once if out of status less then 5 months and you get your I-20 endorsed by USCIS. If you are on scholarship than whats the problem? You can also apply for economic hardship work permit.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

7

Answered . I agree with Attorney Calehr

3. F. J. Capriotti III

6

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Calehr.

This could be a big problem.

Options:
    1. Go home, work and save enough money to come back
    2. "Work" with the DSO and see about an economic hardship work permit.