Visa service didn't forfill there promise what action can I take?

Asked over 5 years ago - Sacramento, CA

I used a visa consulating service when I was in Thailand to prepare my wife's visa to come to the USA. They did nothing but pocket the money and I had to return to the USA and petetion my wife. I spent $5,000 US dollars. There offices are in Thailand and USA what is the best course of action to persue the matter. Thank you very much.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Theresa Cay Langford

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Consult with an attorney in the jurisdiction of the company's US office. Provide a copy of your contract and proof of your payment. The attorney will be able to determine if the US court has jurisdiction over the dispute, or if your cause of action lies in Thailand.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,158 answers this week

2,751 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary