Visa/green card process issues...What does this mean? What's next. What can he do to prove the marriage is real?

Bronx, NY |

My uncle got married to a US citizen and he lives in the Dominican Republic...She process his paper to get him visa/green card and when they went to their appoiment in DR counsel they interview them both separate..at the end of the interview they told him that they consider his marriage false that they saw the marriage as if he's only looking for a visa..and they said they were gonna write him in 90 days...what can he do to prove that is a real marriage...? They been married for a 1 year and 3months ..the problem was that he was separated for many years from his ex wife but he never got a divorce and there were no paper saying that he was separated so when he got the divorce 3 months later he married he's current wife..l

Your Uncle's situation is complicated. I recommend putting together as much evidence as they can to prove they are married, then refile the paperwork.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Thanks for the answer... What could be the most convincing proof in this case?

I agree with my colleague.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

Your question is too complex and case specific for it to be answered meaningfully on Avvo.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Marriage and prenups topics