Visa/green card process issues...What does this mean? What's next. What can he do to prove the marriage is real?

Asked about 2 years ago - Bronx, NY

My uncle got married to a US citizen and he lives in the Dominican Republic...She process his paper to get him visa/green card and when they went to their appoiment in DR counsel they interview them both separate..at the end of the interview they told him that they consider his marriage false that they saw the marriage as if he's only looking for a visa..and they said they were gonna write him in 90 days...what can he do to prove that is a real marriage...? They been married for a 1 year and 3months ..the problem was that he was separated for many years from his ex wife but he never got a divorce and there were no paper saying that he was separated so when he got the divorce 3 months later he married he's current wife..l

1. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . Your Uncle's situation is complicated. I recommend putting together as much evidence as they can to prove they are married, then refile the paperwork.

2. Gen Kimura

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Your question is too complex and case specific for it to be answered meaningfully on Avvo.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts and handle the case.