VISA GRANTED WITH PENDING DIVORCE CASE

Asked 4 months ago - Houston, TX

FILED DIVORCE PAPER IN JAN2014, MY REMOVAL OF CONDITIONAL VISA (WAIVER REQUEST FILING) WAS APPROVED LAST MONTH. MY DIVORCE CASE STILL PENDING. FILE UNCONTESTED AT FIRST, BUT MY EX HUSBAND DIDNT RESPOND. MY LAWYER SAID I NEED TO CONTEST MY DIVORCE TO GET PROGRESS ON MY CASE. IM THINKING, DO I NEED TO FILE CONTESTED, WHAT IF I TELL MY HUSBAND I GOT MY VISA WITHOUT HIS HELP, MAYBE HE CAN HELP ME SIGNING UP MY DIVORCE (NO KIDS OR PROPERTY) SO I DONT NEED TO PAY MORE MONEY (PAID 2 DIFF KINDS OF LAWYERS ALREADY) IS THAT POSSIBLE? I SAW HIS FACEBOOK HE NOW HAVE A NEW GF, IS THAT SOMETHING MY FAMILY LAYWER CAN CONSIDER? OR IF I CONTEST MY DIVORCE, IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN GET MY FILING FEE BE REFUNDED BY ANY MEANS? ANY HELP?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

20

Answered . It seems like your question relates to family law rather than immigration law. I have changed the category for you.

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

Answered . It seems it is not an Immigration question. You should speak with a Family divorce attorney

3. Lawrence M. Kasen

Pro

2

Answered . This does not appear to be an immigration question.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . On any strategic legal issue of your pending divorce is it advisable and legally appropriate to consult with your attorney of record who is at best position to issue such legal advice as expertly familiar with all case's details firsthand.

5. Yaniv Lavy

1

Answered . Hello:

The law provide for a waiver of the joint petition and your petition seems to have been properly filed. However, you will need to prove to the USCIS before they may approve your case that:

a) the marriage was entered into in good faith and
    b) that your divorce is final.

If you have no assets to divide, no children and do not wish to ask for spousal support you there is nothing to contest, you should proceed with uncontested divorce ASAP. Good luck.