Visa at consulate after cimt conviction for petty theft

San Francisco, CA |

Hello , I was convicted for 1 petty theft crime , with no jail . I had no contest plea in court .
It falls under petty offence exception but what are chances to get visa in this situation , Can consulate deny based on these charges or using 214(b) or issue 221(g) ?
Is there any chance of successful stamping for getting non immigrant work visa ?

1. It depends on all the circumstances of your case.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. Previously asked and answered. Again, it will all depend on how well an experienced immigration lawyer will plead the Federal one petty offense conviction exception in your particular case and the particular consulate's receptiveness to that argument.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.