Visa appointment went smooth but put on administrative processing!?

Asked over 1 year ago - Detroit, MI

My husband had his immigrant visa appt last month in Sanaa Yemen all went well no documention missing or not enough also was asked only 4 questions which he answered quick and truthfully, at the end of the interview the consular officer said Everything looks great but my computer is flashing administrative processing. I am a US citizen born && raised here by the way. How can that be? It takes they say up to 60 days but alot of people I know have been on it way longer, what should I do I feel helpless? Please && thanks

1. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . Security and background checks. Yes, it can potentially take years.

2. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

3

Answered . Administrative Processing probably means background clearances have not yet been completed. You must wait a reasonable period of time and then follow-up with the Consul.

3. Kristina A. Gasson

3

Answered . I'd follow up in about 2 months or so. It may take awhile to do security and background checks.

4. Francisco Javier Alvillar

Pro

3

Answered . I would be slightly concerned as well. I have a case that came to be because the beneficiary had been waiting 1.5 years for processing in Jerusalem (he is from the West Bank). I contacted the consulate, the department of state, and another department in the government. All of them said the same thing, to check back every 60 days to see if the background check has been completed. I feel for the client. I am not saying that this will happen in your case, but I would keep checking every 60 days to make sure they know you're on top of it.

5. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . Yemen is not exactly the friendliest locale that views the United States benevolently. Yemen has several militant Muslim groups and strong anti-American sentiment. These grounds are sufficient to clear anyone with a closer scrutiny coming from Yemen.
    Wait for the completion of the process.