Visa appointment went smooth but put on administrative processing!?

Detroit, MI |

My husband had his immigrant visa appt last month in Sanaa Yemen all went well no documention missing or not enough also was asked only 4 questions which he answered quick and truthfully, at the end of the interview the consular officer said Everything looks great but my computer is flashing administrative processing. I am a US citizen born && raised here by the way. How can that be? It takes they say up to 60 days but alot of people I know have been on it way longer, what should I do I feel helpless? Please && thanks

Security and background checks. Yes, it can potentially take years.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Administrative Processing probably means background clearances have not yet been completed. You must wait a reasonable period of time and then follow-up with the Consul.

I'd follow up in about 2 months or so. It may take awhile to do security and background checks.

www.gassonlaw.com - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.

I would be slightly concerned as well. I have a case that came to be because the beneficiary had been waiting 1.5 years for processing in Jerusalem (he is from the West Bank). I contacted the consulate, the department of state, and another department in the government. All of them said the same thing, to check back every 60 days to see if the background check has been completed. I feel for the client. I am not saying that this will happen in your case, but I would keep checking every 60 days to make sure they know you're on top of it.

Yemen is not exactly the friendliest locale that views the United States benevolently. Yemen has several militant Muslim groups and strong anti-American sentiment. These grounds are sufficient to clear anyone with a closer scrutiny coming from Yemen.
Wait for the completion of the process.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com