Violation of probation, non payment of fine

Tampa, FL |

I had to be in york county,pa for a court hearing on violation of probation for not paying fine of 895.00, I was unable to raise the bus fair to get to pa, I live in Tampa,fl. since I was unable to get to pa for court will pa come here to Tampa, fl. to pick me up, or will I have time to keep working on raising the money I need to pay them before they come?

Is it a felony or misdemeanor? A felony, YES they will extradite on a felony warrant. If it is a misdemeanor, chances are they will not extradite. I recommend hiring a lawyer in PA to handle the situation for you.

John S. Riordan, Esq., RIORDAN & HERMAN, PL., West Palm Beach, FL, (561) 650-8291. Mr. Riordan is a former Palm Beach County Prosecutor and an experienced criminal defense lawyer handling cases in both State and Federal Courts throughout Florida. The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.

Failing to attend court will lead to an arrest warrant. Whether Pa. will extradite from Florida depends on many factors so no one can say for sure. If you were represented by counsel when u were put on probation I'd suggest calling him and maybe he can help.
Good luck

You need to ask this of a PA attorney. Hire one up there for the vop and now probably a failure to appear and if it was a felony a potential extradition.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239