Violation of civil rights by CPS social worker after a domestic violence charge against my wife after she admitted abusing me.

Asked about 1 year ago - Hawthorne, CA

My wife was arrested for domestic abuse against me and was jailed until i bailed her out. My wifes mother works for CPS in Los Angeles and i believe used her position to get a CPS social worker in Riverside who blatantly violated my civil rights. She contacted me and forced me to vacate my our house stating that my wife had recieved a TRO whle in jail. She interviewed my wife in jail, spoke to my Mother in Law (CPS) worker took pictures of my wife while in jail. She only spoke to me on phone for 15 minutes and did not care that i was the victim here. She evaded meeting with me to take pictures of the scratches and bruises that i had received which had been documented by the Sherriff. How can i go about filing a civil rights violation lawsuit against this Social Worker for fabrication

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Michael Kevin Cernyar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Visit a civil rights attorney so that you can perfect your claim. Once the claim is in you sit and wait for a response. Then you move forward with your attorney. Good luck.

    The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice... more
  2. Peter John Marek

    Contributor Level 19
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Mr. Cernyar is correct. Filing a civil rights violation claim would be a good approach assuming you can get an attorney to do that. Filing a complaint or grievance with CPS would also be appropriate as they could conduct an internal review of the situation. My experience with CPS is that they pre-determine outcomes and add the facts to back up their position. You should post this in the practice area for civil-civil rights. Good Luck. Hope this helps??

  3. Sean Tabibian

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . Look on Avvo and find yourself a civil rights attorney

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,040 answers this week

2,866 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,040 answers this week

2,866 attorneys answering