Violation 39:4-56

South Amboy, NJ |

I recieved ticket stating that "creating risk of an accident" . and code was 39:4-56. The officer said that this is no point ticket but with small fine. Please tell me is that right and how much would be the fine. thanks.

1. NJSA 39:4-56 is for delaying traffic. I believe the fine is between $45-50 and is no points.

call my office if you need (609) 390-8888.

The Law Office of Brandon D. Walcott - 3 Harrys Court, Suite A, Ocean View, NJ - (609) 390-8888 - bwalcott@bwalcottlaw.com. This is for general purposes only and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Contact an attorney licensed in your State for specific inquiries.

2. That is correct. Delaying traffic is a 0 point ticket with a $54 fine. The officer did you a favor.

Law Offices of James A. Abate Jabatelaw.com (732) 412-2364

3. This is also known as "Delaying Traffic". The statute carries no NJMVC points. Fines and costs are usually $89.

4. If I were you, I'd pay the $54.00 fine for "delaying traffic" instead of trying to fight it. As my colleague stated, the officer did you a favor by issuing this no point ticket if indeed you were creating a risk of an accident by your traffic pattern.