Violating the restraining order without evidence and based on only lies.

Asked about 1 year ago - Jacksonville, FL

My x tried to put me in jail for sending the divorce documents. The cop refused it. Have his information. Then 1 year later she files for extension. She made a big story of lies. No evidence presented even when I requested. I know if she would have anything I would be in jail already. I could not explain my side ,the judge gave me no chance.I ended up with pernament restraining order. How come if a woman whose lifegoal is to put me in jail could not accomplish during the 1 year, then at the extension the judge defaulted me for willfully violating the order? Isn't that interesting she could use nothing against me during a year.Beleive me if she could she would heartlessly.My idea was if you violate you going to jail. If not then No law broken.My question is how is it becoming violation?

1. Wendi L Hall-Gonzales

Pro

3

Answered . Sounds like a very frustrating situation. Any violation of the terms of the domestic violence injunction can result in the State of Florida filing criminal misdemeanor violation of injunction charges and usually, upon arrest, there is not a bond. I would reread the injunction carefully to make sure you understand what conduct is not permitted. If she is intent on keeping you on jail and making trouble for you I would be careful not to give her any legal avenues. I would suggest that you consult with a family law attorney to help you through this frustrating situation.

2. William Charles Rosenfelt

3

Answered . It's hard for me to understand what happened and I'm an attorney. (though not a criminal one). In order to get some real sense of where this could be going, you need to sit down with an attorney who can review the paperwork. Otherwise, we're kind of in the dark here. Good luck.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

3. Majid Vasigh

Pro

2

Answered . If you violate a dv injunction, you'll be charged with a misdemeanor. However, it sounds like you think the Judge was heavily biased against you. That's understandable. It happens sometimes. The bright side is this- once you're charged with a DV injunction, your criminal misdemeanor case will be heard in a different court division with a different judge. You'll be represented by an attorney or a public defender and the standard of proof is much higher in criminal court.

4. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

2

Answered . It may not be the answer you want to hear, but you really need to get an attorney. I would highly recommend you speak to local counsel to discuss both the injunction and the divorce.