Violating probation

Asked almost 3 years ago - Decatur, IL

Since December 17th I was charged with 2 domestic violence, unlawful restraint. They are violating me of my probation. The night this all happend my girl friend was drunk, and I was trying to help her home. Once we got home she left while I was in the bathroom. I was shocked because he werent arguing the whole night, I call her phone and get no answer, I was worried about her because she had quite a bit to drink that night. After an hour she tells me she is with her ex lover, and she is at her friends house. She agreed to talk to me in my truck, after talking she agreed to go back home, because we have two kids to take care of. On the way home we start to argue a little she jumps out the truck. The police came to my house saying i was hiding. What will happen if i plead not guilty?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It is precisely as my colleague has stated. If you don't have a lawyer, you should get one.

  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . YOU NEED A LAWYER! This is not something you can research online and then handle yourself.

  3. Answered . I had a similar case years ago when I did occasional criminal defense work. Do not speak about your case to anyone even on this anonymous forum. If you cannot afford a lawyer, then of course you will be represented by the public defender. It is implied that the girlfriend reported the incident, and there is very likely an Order of Protection. Comply with this order. Stay away from this person. Sadly, it seems, this person is not really your friend if the facts you have given are accurate.

    The information provided here should not be construed to be formal legal advice. The provision of this general... more
  4. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you plead not guilty to the probation violation, they will hold a hearing to determine if you violated the conditions of your probation. If you plead not guilty to the new charges, you are entitled to have a trial where the DA would have to prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

    All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any... more

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Daniel P. Hilf

Driving While License Suspended

Driving While License Suspended or Revoked in Michigan is a misdemeanor offense (according to MCL 257.904(3)(a)) that carries a maximum potential jail sentence of up to 93 days, and/or a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,092 answers this week

3,683 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,092 answers this week

3,683 attorneys answering