Skip to main content

Village court sned me a trial date for parking ticket after 4 years when I call I am told they do not have my hand delivere plea

Great Neck, NY |

Nassau County, NY
Village court sned me a trial date for parking ticket after 4 years when I call I am told they do not have my hand delivered plea of not guilty on file. Can I bring a motion for speedy trial violation? I have no proof of hand delivering the not guilty plea.
Do I need a lawyer for the motion or can I follow a template like this and draft one and drop it of at the court?
Thank you

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Something is inconsistent. If they did not have your plea on record, then a judgment would have been entered against you initially for non-appearance. I would recommend that you requisition the file and review all markings and papers.
    #NathansonLaw #LegalQ&A

    I do NOT know you. I am NOT your lawyer. This answer is provided for the general public who may have similar queries. The answer provided is NOT definitive. I do NOT know all of the facts of your case and NO attorney-client relationship is established. Please do not use my answer to tell your lawyer what to do. Free advise is worth exactly what you are paying. Trust the lawyer who is charging you for his/her time and expertise. If you can no longer trust your lawyer, then hire someone else. I am always interested in new clients and business opportunities and would welcome your call or email to discuss matters further. For more information, please feel free to visit my website or schedule an appointment.

  2. I don't know if the constitutional speedy trial right applies to a parking ticket like it does to a moving violation. Interesting issue.

    The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

  3. Four years is not bad for Nassau County. Check out the article at the link provided below.

    The information provided is not intended to be legal advice, but merely conveys general information related to legal issues commonly encountered. The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. I make no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information. You should not act or rely on any information at above without seeking the advice of an attorney. The determination of whether you need legal services and your choice of a lawyer are very important matters that should not be based on websites or advertisement

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics