Village court sned me a trial date for parking ticket after 4 years when I call I am told they do not have my hand delivere plea

Asked 4 months ago - Great Neck, NY

Nassau County, NY
Village court sned me a trial date for parking ticket after 4 years when I call I am told they do not have my hand delivered plea of not guilty on file. Can I bring a motion for speedy trial violation? I have no proof of hand delivering the not guilty plea.
Do I need a lawyer for the motion or can I follow a template like this http://documents.jdsupra.com/2196fc1f-1424-4fa8... and draft one and drop it of at the court?
Thank you

1. Mitchell Aaron Nathanson

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Something is inconsistent. If they did not have your plea on record, then a judgment would have been entered against you initially for non-appearance. I would recommend that you requisition the file and review all markings and papers.
    #NathansonLaw #LegalQ&A

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . I don't know if the constitutional speedy trial right applies to a parking ticket like it does to a moving violation. Interesting issue.

3. George Peter Conway

Answered . Four years is not bad for Nassau County. Check out the article at the link provided below.