Verizon wireless is denying me my rights in my contract. what legal action can i take?

Tampa, FL |

I have verizon wireless, recently they changed a rate in one of there charges on my monthly bill. In my customer agreement it states "We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this agreement at any time,but we'll provide notice first, including written notice if you have Postpay Service. If you use your Service after the change takes effect, that means you're accepting the change. If you're a Postpay customer and a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no early termination fee if we fail to negate the change after you notify us of your objection to it." i called for 2 months to get this Negated and finally was offered a credit for the change, which was a charge called the Federal Universal Service. They scheduled a call back to credit me so the issue was resolved. well a month later they never called and i was never credited as promised. its been over 60 days now so i called to cancel with no early termination fee and i was denied my right. I asked multiple managers for an explanation and they simply told me because its an FCC charge and i would have to take it up with them and denys the customer agreement on my contract adn their WEBSITE. It clearly states what their charges are "You agree to pay all access, usage and other charges that you or the user of your wireless device incurred. For Postpay Service, our charges also include Federal Universal Service, Regulatory and Administrative Charges, and we may also include other charges related to our governmental costs. We set these charges; they aren't taxes, they aren't required by law, they are not necessarily related to anything the government does, they are kept by us in whole or in part, and the amounts and what they pay for may change." So in conclusion, i am being denied my right from my legal contract which i agreed to when starting service. My customer agreement states that when a price changes i have 60 days to object and have it negated, if 60 days go by and they fail to negate it, i can cancel with no early termination fee. Wel i objected, i wasnt negated (lied to and promised to be) and now its 60 days later and they will not cancel my service and wave the fee. i have notated and logged my conversations with the reps. What legal actions should i take to protect my rights as a customer?

Most likely your contract included an arbitration clause. When big companies go to arbitration they win almost all the time because arbitrators want to be continued to be called. It is a disgrace.

Consumer protection topics