Skip to main content

Verify employers E-verify number?

Norcross, GA |

I have applied for OPT STEM Extension and got RFE second time saying that E-verify number I provided is incorrect. My HR called USCIS E-verify customer care and they confirmed that the number we provided was correct. What steps should i take? how should i respond to this RFE?

Attorney Answers 2


Your employer's HR department should be all over this. They should obtain confirmation documentation from the E-Verify portion of USCIS and send it to the Service Center processing the extension. This is a classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees

1 comment



Is there any way company lawyer can help me ??


Try to get a print out from the e-Verify system that has the number and get a letter from your company stating that the number is correct.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics