VC 15620- non correctable DMV violation on criminal background check

Asked about 1 year ago - Escondido, CA

my wifey and I were cited with VC 15620 leaving a child under 6 unattended in a motor vehicle. We were given a non correctable DMV violation which showed infraction and a court date in the next two weeks. is it going to show up in criminal background check and is it reportable to the board of nursing as we are both nurses?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Consider yourself lucky that you were not cited for an offense more serious. Leaving a child in an unattended vehicle is dangerous. Get an attorney. This potentially could show up in background check. Speak with attorney Christine McCall regarding this. She is a licensing attorney expert .
    Meanwhile you will have to deal with pending infraction. Get an attorney !

    Andrew Roberts

    Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777
  2. David Philip Shapiro


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Possibly, because of your profession (as it relates to licensing issues), although an infraction is not a crime. Be thankful you weren't cited for misdemeanor (or felony) child endangerment and hire yourself a quality, locally experienced, criminal defense attorney to assist.

    Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555
  3. Michael Rutledge Norton

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You were very lucky they didn't charge you with a more serious offense. I have handled cases like this before in the Vista courthouse. An infraction doesn't usually cause licensing issues but I would check with Christine McCall as well.
    Mike Norton
    760 420 5537

  4. Peter Cameron

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. It is best to consult an attorney immediately. Good luck

    877-603-8473 - Peter S. Cameron, Esq. 2445 Fifth Ave. #350, San Diego, CA 92101 - Call 24/7 for a FREE CONSULTATION!
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now