Vawa, immigration, self petition, thanks.

Asked about 2 years ago - La Habra, CA

I know vawa has not been reauthorized. But I have read that if the vawa is not approved a person might be placed in removal proceedings. BUT I had spoken to an attorney previously and he said that the good thing about vawa is that you go back to the status you were before "undocumented" if the case is denied, and nothing happens. so which one is it???


Attorney answers (3)

  1. Robert West

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Everything is on hold right now.

  2. Reza Athari

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues

    Reza Athari
    Attorney at Law
    Certified Specialist - Immigration and Nationality Law
    State Bar of California - Board of Legal Specialization

    Main office: Las Vegas, Nevada
    Reza Athari & Associates, Pllc

    3365 Pepper Lane, Suite 102
    Las Vegas, NV 89120
    Telephone: (702) 727-7777
    Fax: (702) 458-8508
    Toll free: (800) 565-2030

    Barstow, California
    Reza Athari & Associates, Pllc

    309 East Mountain View Street, Suite 104
    Barstow, CA 92311
    Telephone: (760) 957-7220
    Fax: (760) 957-7396

    St. George, Utah
    Reza Athari & Lui, Pllc

    1036 East Red Hills Parkway, Suite D
    St. George, UT 84770
    Telephone: (435) 656-1136
    Fax: (435) 656-1145

    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Reza Athari & Lui, Pllc

    525 W 5300 S Suite 150
    Murray, UT 84123
    Telephone: (801) 262-LAW7
    Fax: (801) 281-9603
    If you have a SKYPE account, we may now video-conference or conduct a conference call on the computer from and to anywhere in the world for free. More information may be found at

  3. Neil Ian Fleischer

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Most offices are holding possible VAWA petitions in abeyance to my knowledge. Check with a local attorney to see how your District is treating cases

    Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,552 answers this week

2,755 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,552 answers this week

2,755 attorneys answering