Various unfounded/closed cases w/DYFS closed due 2 reports by psycho exes, etc. Now boyfriend&I want 2 get married, Any conseq?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Pennsauken, NJ

Various unfounded/closed cases w/DYFS closed due 2 reports by psycho exes, etc. Now boyfriend&I want 2 get married, Any consequences? ALl previous DYFS cases were brought about by jealous exes, friends of the family who can;t stand to see another mother figure in the picture, or a misunderstood statement by a child. All clared and unfounded..now 1 woman, 3 kids and 1 man, 1 kid want 2 b 2gether...does DYFS have any legal say in our desire to live together and/or get married? PLEASE answer ASAP! Thank you...

1. Ronald Glenn Lieberman

Pro

Answered . There should not be any consequences to you so long as the DYFS cases have been closed and/or determined to be unsubstantiated.

2. Katherine Grace Houghton

Answered . The way you phrased the question, maybe. DYFS certainly cannot stop you from moving in together, but once you do, if a new complaint is filed, depending on the seriousness of the allegations, DYFS may have something to say about it, but there are specific procedures that they must follow and you and he must follow. I refer such cases to a woman atty I know who has years of experience fighting unfounded DYFS claims-Toni Ann Russo, Hackensack, NJ. Call her for a consult even if she is too far to actually take the case. She may well know someone in your area.