Skip to main content

Various unfounded/closed cases w/DYFS closed due 2 reports by psycho exes, etc. Now boyfriend&I want 2 get married, Any conseq?

Pennsauken, NJ |
Filed under: Family law

Various unfounded/closed cases w/DYFS closed due 2 reports by psycho exes, etc. Now boyfriend&I want 2 get married, Any consequences? ALl previous DYFS cases were brought about by jealous exes, friends of the family who can;t stand to see another mother figure in the picture, or a misunderstood statement by a child. All clared and 1 woman, 3 kids and 1 man, 1 kid want 2 b 2gether...does DYFS have any legal say in our desire to live together and/or get married? PLEASE answer ASAP! Thank you...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There should not be any consequences to you so long as the DYFS cases have been closed and/or determined to be unsubstantiated.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed


The way you phrased the question, maybe. DYFS certainly cannot stop you from moving in together, but once you do, if a new complaint is filed, depending on the seriousness of the allegations, DYFS may have something to say about it, but there are specific procedures that they must follow and you and he must follow. I refer such cases to a woman atty I know who has years of experience fighting unfounded DYFS claims-Toni Ann Russo, Hackensack, NJ. Call her for a consult even if she is too far to actually take the case. She may well know someone in your area.

By answering this question I am not creating an attorney client relationship with you. This should not be construed as legal advice. You shoudl retain an attorney if you seek legal advice.

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer