Valid Visa On an Expired Passport

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

My passport is about to expire and I should depart the country on Jan next year, but my B1/B2 visa is still valid until July 2014. Can I re-enter the US using my new passport and staple my old passport with the US Visa page on it? I've been in the US for 8 months (after my I-539 approved) and about to apply for K1 visa. Thank you very much for your answer.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Yes

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, no problem.

3. Simone Bertollini

1

Answered . You can travel with 2 passports, but I doubt they will let you in after filing for a K-1 Visa

4. Maria J. Marty

Pro

Answered . Yes you can do that. The bigger issue is that once you declare you intent to live in the U.S. by filing for a K visa, you may not be allowed to reenter with your B visa.