Vacating a judgment after bankruptcy

Asked about 2 years ago - Paterson, NJ

Which form do I need to file to vacate a judgment that was included in bankruptcy in NJ?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Stuart M Nachbar


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Atorney Corbin is corect. I am an NJ Bankruptcy Counsel and Counselor Corbin explained it properly

    The previous information is solely for informational purposes only. If you have further questions, please contact... more
  2. Michael J Corbin

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . First, why would you need to vacate a judgment that was discharged in bankruptcy? It is now uncollectable, so there is no point in vacating it. Second, you are talking about 2 separate issues - vacating a judgment has to be done in the court that issued it, not with the bankruptcy court, and you'll need a reason other than it was discharged in bankruptcy.

    We can be reached at 507.334.0155 (Toll Free: 888.777.5009). Our web address is: www. more
  3. Eric Charles Lewis

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . I agree with Attorney Corbin. You cannot vacate a judgment because of bankruptcy. The judgment is valid; it is simply unenforcable because it is subject to the bankruptcy discharge and permanent stay.

    Advice on this forum is for informational purposes only and should never be mistaken as a substitute for legal... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,925 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,925 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering